New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Raider

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2007 :  13:15:23  Show Profile  Visit Raider's Homepage  Click to see Raider's MSN Messenger address
You looking at a Quake Wars Beta tester, you must be a subsriber to File Planet and you must have GameSpy Comrade installed and setup on your pc.

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/quakewars/static/

Beta is limited to 60,000 participants, good luck!

Raider

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2007 :  16:43:15  Show Profile  Visit Raider's Homepage  Click to see Raider's MSN Messenger address
Note to self: Quake Wars is not pretty on a P4 2.8 with 1 GB of ram and a Geforce 6200. Oh did I mention Windows Vista Business as well?

It's pretty much unplayable but the install was flawless. I'll let you know how my gaming rig handles it soon enough.
Go to Top of Page

AlternateFire1

USA
534 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2007 :  19:29:07  Show Profile  Visit AlternateFire1's Homepage  Send AlternateFire1 an AOL message
i dont feel like paying... or i would do it :P
Go to Top of Page

triggerloco

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2007 :  22:35:18  Show Profile
hey Raider I'm also on the beta testing because I rather pay 5 bucks for a subscription to 3dgamers for one month than buying a $50 coaster. I wanted to check out the game since I'm not sure if there will be a demo. Look me up when you play and add me as a friend. My name is triggerloco.

Later
Go to Top of Page

Raider

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  08:23:55  Show Profile  Visit Raider's Homepage  Click to see Raider's MSN Messenger address
I'll see what I can do. I need to get some friends on because there are so many noobs in the beta its sick. I found a guy that new what was going on this weekend and we dominated for a couple of hours, we had it all planned out, he constructed the guard tower and I constructed the EMP. Then we both would force a respawn with C4 and blow the sewer gates. After that I would force a respawn as spec ops and hacked the system. We pry won maybe 10 rounds in a row? Everyone kept yelling at each other on strogg to defend the bases but it didn't matter. We just marched right through them.
Go to Top of Page

triggerloco

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  18:33:47  Show Profile
It sound like you had fun. My friends only played once in a great while so gets a little boring when your teammates really stink. Like you said there are lots of noobs.
Go to Top of Page

AlternateFire1

USA
534 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  23:08:03  Show Profile  Visit AlternateFire1's Homepage  Send AlternateFire1 an AOL message
i still have yet to play it... because i was working on getting my expert engineer badge which i did and made a long post in the other forum about... so read it...

but adam said that the beta for it was not all that great so i dunno....
Go to Top of Page

Raider

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  12:27:50  Show Profile  Visit Raider's Homepage  Click to see Raider's MSN Messenger address
game play is totally reliant on your team mates, if they suck and just run out to kill people and not accomplish the objectives then you won't have fun. but if you hook up with some players that know what is going on and are with you on the objectives it's a blast.
Go to Top of Page

triggerloco

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  21:38:09  Show Profile
The beta is Ok but remember it's only a beta and you only play one map. The vehicles are fun and the gameplay is different as Raider mentioned. The graphics are pretty sweet and there are some crazy weapons. The experience points are not completely base on kills. You get more points by completing several objectives. Of course killing some noobs is also fun but you need a diverse team (all classes) to dominate.
Later
Go to Top of Page

Raider

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2007 :  00:17:19  Show Profile  Visit Raider's Homepage  Click to see Raider's MSN Messenger address
Dear Customer,

You have signed up to receive release date changes for:

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=646561

Old Release Date - 8/1/2007
New Release Date - 9/3/2007

Thank you for visiting EBgames.com!

NOTE: The product release date is the best estimate as to when the product will
become available. These dates are subject to change at anytime. EBGames.com is
in constant communication with product vendors to provide you with the most
accurate release dates possible.

Go to Top of Page

ST Marauding1

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2007 :  22:02:40  Show Profile  Visit ST Marauding1's Homepage
Are you guys as disappointed with this thus far as us?
Its not looking good. We're all talking COD 4 now. [..]

maybe you guys want to stop in for a couple of SF games? [wt]
We toss noobs like cookies.

Edited by - ST Marauding1 on 07/29/2007 11:12:43
Go to Top of Page

Knightrew

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2007 :  02:05:04  Show Profile  Visit Knightrew's Homepage  Send Knightrew an AOL message  Send Knightrew an ICQ Message  Click to see Knightrew's MSN Messenger address  Send Knightrew a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Old Release Date - 8/1/2007
New Release Date - 9/3/2007

What was the date before that 8-1-07?[rlol]

Give it up the date man.

Quake Wars Enemy Territory. Will never be release on any dates you see posted. The owner of Splash Damage Paul Wedgwood says right in his interview with IGN. Splash Damage will never release this game till they feels its done and no release dates! Yep thats right No Release Dates! So all the dates that you see and these gaming companys keep telling the public will just be wrong. Btw this game was suppose to come out Q3 in 2006. It's now 2007 and you still can't buy it. I told you guys that! But you never believe me. Watch this interview video from Feb 2007 he tell you 1/2 way in the video.

http://media.video.ign.com/ev/sv.html?dlURL=pcmovies.ign.com/pc/video/article/777/777557/et_quakewars_paul_040207_flvlowwide.flv&object_ID=748377

You will just have to wait till Splash Damage says it's all done!!
Go to Top of Page

Raider

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  10:23:19  Show Profile  Visit Raider's Homepage  Click to see Raider's MSN Messenger address
You have to take into consideration that the game is still in early beta stages. Beta 2 is out now and it has brought with it a new map, player stats, punkbuster, and improved game physics and audio. A lot of players were turned off early by this game because its in such a raw form right now. Give it time before passing final judgement on the game. I've yet to play Beta 2 but I do have it downloaded and I'll comment back once I've gotten some time with it.
Go to Top of Page

Raider

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  08:18:54  Show Profile  Visit Raider's Homepage  Click to see Raider's MSN Messenger address
Beta 2 is considerably better. The graphics have improved and the game play is awesome, it takes some time to adapt to the game play. I would say it's a cross between BF2 and Quake. The new map "Valley" is awesome. Adam and I owned yesterday. You really need to team work with this game, I can't wait to get the rest of =PGC= on and playing together. We will dominate [bm]
Go to Top of Page

AlternateFire1

USA
534 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  12:15:21  Show Profile  Visit AlternateFire1's Homepage  Send AlternateFire1 an AOL message
well from listening to you and herman on vent the other day there jeremy... and your post about how it is "considerably" better and will probably get much better when it is released, i will possibly buy it...
Go to Top of Page

Raider

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  23:39:08  Show Profile  Visit Raider's Homepage  Click to see Raider's MSN Messenger address
Well you can buy it or you can continue to sit and listen Either way it's been much enjoyed and I'm yet to play the full version :)

It's sad but buying the beta for $20 bucks has already been worth it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
=PGC= Clan Forums © 2017 PcGamersClub.com =PGC= Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000