General Topics
 Have you seen this network card?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Knightrew

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  00:35:26  Show Profile  Visit Knightrew's Homepage  Send Knightrew an AOL message  Send Knightrew an ICQ Message  Click to see Knightrew's MSN Messenger address  Send Knightrew a Yahoo! Message
Check out this network card.
http://www.killernic.com/products/nic.aspx
Could this really help or just a scam joke?

The price is not cheap either.

I have know lag as a problem between your pc and server and many other people on that same server working together. Yes that might be true that windows IP stack being a like default setting for windows XP or Vista to be slower than it could. But you can change that by editing the regesitry if you know what your doing or have a program do it for you. To help speed network performance. I remember a site that would help speed up your internet connection all it did was check your system over and change windows some windows registry keys. But that default setting MS provides is the best option for all diffrent things you might use your network card for. But I have never seen anyone try to sell a piece of hardware like this. I would figure lag would be more software related and how your network is built at home. Ya the guy that uses all high dollar Cisco stuff might have a better network than a guy using Linsys or Dlink hardware stuff. I don't see how this card could help if you still have that other hardware stuff in your home network.

But I don't know cause don't have on to try.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
=PGC= Clan Forums © 2017 PcGamersClub.com =PGC= Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000