General Topics
 HL2 problems
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

OTT

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  11:32:51  Show Profile  Visit OTT's Homepage  Send OTT a Yahoo! Message
Adam, or anyone else that has HL2. I'm having a bit of trouble now getting the game to run. I played it once after I installed it and now it will return to Windows after the screen goes black as if it was going to load. I've search online and found some things to try but to no avail. One was to delete a file used by Steam, but didn't work. Short of re-installing and trying again I thought I'd post in case anyone had this problem before and knows of a solution.

Thanks!

lost_variable

USA
342 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  15:52:20  Show Profile  Send lost_variable an AOL message  Click to see lost_variable's MSN Messenger address
hummmm.. So there is not error message and it just stays black until you force quit it? If it is doing that, it might be a firewall or some other security program blocking it. I know that when I first run a game my norton asks me if I want to allow it to access the internet.
Go to Top of Page

OTT

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  20:00:34  Show Profile  Visit OTT's Homepage  Send OTT a Yahoo! Message
No error message and it goes back to Windows on it's own. It will go to black as if it is loading but then just go back to Windows with no clue as to why. HL is in my exeptions in my firewall too. hmmm
Go to Top of Page

Raider

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  10:16:44  Show Profile  Visit Raider's Homepage  Click to see Raider's MSN Messenger address
Are you trying to play it online or just locally? I know you need to prepare it for offline mode if you are playing locally. I don't remember right off the top of my head how thats done but I do recall it being a pain in the ass.
Go to Top of Page

OTT

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  08:04:39  Show Profile  Visit OTT's Homepage  Send OTT a Yahoo! Message
Just locally. A single player game. But even so, I was connected to the internet. I've determined to just re-install when I get around to it.
Go to Top of Page

Knightrew

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2007 :  23:04:28  Show Profile  Visit Knightrew's Homepage  Send Knightrew an AOL message  Send Knightrew an ICQ Message  Click to see Knightrew's MSN Messenger address  Send Knightrew a Yahoo! Message
The game your having trouble with?
1. Try this in steam program go to "My Games" tab
2. Then right click on the game having trouble
3. Left click "Properties" button
4. Go to the "Local Files" Tab
5. Click on "Verify integrity of game cache" button
6. Then Wait for it to check the game over

See if that helps
If its a mod like CSS make sure you check the main HF2 engine also like "Half Life 2" game

You can also delete the game there, if that verify don't work/help
"Delete Local game content" button then redownload it and install it.

Yes you do need interent access to do this.

Also what forceware version of Nvidia drivers are you using?
go control panel, Display, settings tab, advance button, Gf force X tab should see Forceware Version somewhere on this pags the latest version came out yesterday 9-28-07 is 163.71 WHQL

Hopefully that will help.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
=PGC= Clan Forums © 2017 PcGamersClub.com =PGC= Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000